We all at times struggle with news on television. Especially if times are changing like our own election. We aren't sure how it will all play out and worry. This is normal. But what isn't normal is to totally allow these feelings to creep into your daily life where it interferes with your peace of mind.
Many of us suffer and struggle with these type of feelings and try not to allow it to change our lives, but sometimes it's just overwhelming. Then it's time to take action.
Once you have recognized that this is what is happening you also know you want to change it.
I recommend you scale back on the amount of time you are spending on your electronic devices. I know electronics have become a huge part of our lives now, but you are in charge of your life and can always put them down.
When was the last time you just listened to music rather than have the TV on? Think about having soothing music on to do chores or perhaps do a little carefree reading.
A favorite candle and snack.
Just taking a walk around the block. I have found this to be one of the best blessings of my life. Not only do you get to know neighbors if you have any sometimes, but it allows you to have a few moments to enjoy the birds singing, and see what is going on around you.
I want to help others find the peace of mind I have found while living in a crazy world.
I have many friends and people struggling with world affairs that have contacted me and told me they can't stop crying. I understand. But as we have been told, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.
I know it seems pollyanna to think positive, but if you can take time and write down 5 things you are grateful for at this time in your life, and write a little paragraph as to why each one is important to you, I think you will find yourself remembering better times, and why you have it pretty good after all.
I personally keep a Grateful Diary. I have a special book that I try to write in daily and put in there things I am grateful for. There have been times it's taken me a moment or two but I always find something.
I would love it if you would leave a message for me here and let me know what you are grateful for. What is it that makes you happy? Why?
We are living in the Greatest Country in the World regardless of what you may hear on the news, so we are in the best possible place on earth we can be. We don't have to always agree with all that is happening, but we are capable to changing our world with activism and getting involved.
Just know you are not alone. There are many struggling, and trying to understand what is going on along with you. Me being one. But this I know. I am going to be the best person I can possibly be. I am going to spread as much positivism as I can. We all have choices. We can be part of the problem or part of the solution.
I hope this has helped you in some way.
Namaste'
Sky
No comments:
Post a Comment